Here we are in a New Year and, chances are, you are thinking about guiding your team toward hitting new numbers for 2015. The task of planning next year’s budget, as well as market-generated revenue are both looming. The good news is that now is a good time to start your team thinking about both long and short term goals for this coming year.
Winning Digital Marketing Strategies: Short-Term Goals
- Does your team know what numbers they need to reach regarding your marketing goals? Marketing teams in high-performing firms need to give a precise understanding of the volume of activity required, as well as the specific actions needed for the team to hit their target goals. The entire marketing departs rallies around these numbers, which are closely tracked and monitored.
- Do not leave your marketing database to chance because great marketing campaigns begin with excellent contact information. Up to 25% of B2B marketing databases contain critical errors, according to SirusDecisions. If the marketing program is only 75% marketable, imagine the net impact. The best fix for this problem is to assign a team member to maintain stewardship of this data.
- How often do your marketing leads end in sales? The more often you qualify your marketing leads into opportunities that are sales-ready, this will help dramatically increase conversion rates that end up in your pipeline for sales. Employ a dedicated calling team so that no marketing lead is left unclosed.
- It is important to continuously have the team members consistently engage with the sales team to discuss opportunities created, leads passed on, and their perception of how things are handled. Also, this feedback should also include a review of the metrics from the tools used for sales automation.
Winning Digital Marketing Strategies: Long-Term Goals
- This goal involves your team placing a strategic focus on targeting. Because there is a large volume of inbound and outbound activity occurring within your department, it can be simple to lose focus on who the target is. To maintain focus within your database, request that your team analyze the history of purchasing data. Not only will this data help you and your team frame up a schedule and marketing frequency, but it will help you understand future goal activity.
- This next goal involves your team becoming experts for their target buyers with regards to what they are buying. This helps edge them out over the competitor during the buying decision and makes them successful. It is essential that marketers are responsible for following the establishment of the creation of programs that are ongoing and formal for team members with the responsibility of documenting, communicating, and researching the buyer persona information.
- Avoid too much data collection and over-messaging your marketing team by conducting routine paperwork and message inventories. This will help your team organize, plan, and understand the content you have given them. To further ensure that all the criteria are met with the collection of material you have been sending to your team, hold frequent workshops to identify important messages and other themes.
To learn more of about digital marketing. Check out our Digital Trends Ecommerce 2017 post.
If you need help with your brand, please contact us. We will be happy to review your needs and develop a plan with you.